LipSense is Lead-Free
NO LEAD in LipSense®!
Everywhere you look and see on TV, they are reporting LEAD in lipstick...
we have what women are looking for... a healthy alternative!
Below are just a few of the articles...
Forbes Magazine article
December 2011, the FDA updated its tests and posted the results on its website rather quietly. There are now two brands (Maybelline and L'Oreal) with lipsticks above California's standard-Maybelline was measured at 7.19 ppm and L'Oreal at 7.0. Both products are manufactured by L'Oreal. The article goes on to say that Cover Girl lipsticks, are now hovering just below the 5ppm level with Cover Girl at 4.92. Click on link to read entire article http://onforb.es/AAavDw
Times Healthland magazine reports about what may be in your lipstick and the highest lead content brands http://ti.m
Also on the Today show recently... http://on.today.com/ADrCXB
SeneGence products including
LipSense are...Cruelty Free
and Gluten Free cosmetics
NO Animal Testing on LipSense & all of the other SeneGence cosmetics
LipSense is Gluten Free
LipSense has mineral oil, or petroleum
LipSense is Lead Free lipstick
LipSense is Kosher too!
How Does LipSense® Really Work?
LipSense® by SeneGence® is the original, patented Long-Lasting Liquid Lip Color and is a non-wax, lead free, liquid lip color that stays on your skin for quite a while - a period of time ranging from 4-18 hours....the average being 6-8 hours (on most women) but how does it work?
Science Behind the Product
LipSense® Long Lasting Liquid Lip Color is made of a combination of ingredients. Here are a few key components:
- SD Alcohol 40 - SD Alcohol 40 is nothing close to isopropyl alcohol - or rubbing alcohol. In fact, you need SD Alcohol 40 to apply LipSense® to your skin. Rubbing alcohol instantly removes LipSense® from the skin. (We do not recommend the use of rubbing alcohol on the skin because it dries out the skin.) We formulate LipSense® with SD Alcohol 40 because:
- It is thinner than water and suspends the tiny particles within the formulae.
- It evaporates from the skin upon the delivery of the technology to the skin. (The "tingling" sensation felt on the lips, when some wearers first begin to use the color, is the evaporation process of the SD Alcohol 40. This disappears as lower layers of skin's moisture content are restored from use of the gloss.)
- Tiny Particles - The particles that help the color pigments to molecularly bind to the skin (see Ingredient listing). Over time, the particles begin to detach from the skin's surface. The rate at which this occurs varies tremendously and is based upon the pH-balance of any one person's skin and the color they've chosen to wear for the day.
- Color Pigments- Each tube of color has a varied formulation of which is used to arrive at a single color - often involving the use of many different color pigments. Some colors naturally last longer than others as some are thicker or richer in color pigmentation, while some are sheer and thinner than others.
- Layering LipSense®- Layering LipSense® is a must due to the fact the color breaks down with the pH balance of the skin.
- 1st layer - touches the skin's pH and will begin to break down first and fastest.
- 2nd layer - protected from the bottom, away from the skin's pH, by the first layer.
- 3rd layer - protects the second layer from the top down and prevents sheering of second layer of color by keeping away friction and saliva.